Thursday, November 19, 2015

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

From left to right: MAC Rebel, NYX Temptress, Lime Crime Wicked, NYX Transylvania, Colourpop LAX

I don't know how many times I can say this - Dark vampy lips are my absolute friggin favorite. In Jennie's world, the darker the lipstick, the better. (And no. I am not going to say that I want my lipstick to be dark like my soul~*~*~ That's so stupid, l-o-l.) With autumn in full effect, I've noticed that the dark lippies have definitely come out to play. That being said, I just wanted to share a few of the vampy lipsticks that I've been rocking in recent days. 

1. Rebel by MAC -

MAC's Rebel is a beautiful plum shade. I feel like this is a great lipstick for those who are not a hundred percent comfortable with wearing dark lipsticks, but want to dabble in vampy shades. I do find myself having to apply multiple coats of Rebel, as it does go on a bit sheer. The pigmentation of this lipstick really does depend on how many layers you put on, but I think that's exactly the reason why it's perfect for those who are experimenting. 

2. Temptress by NYX -

Temptress is part of NYX's Simply Vamp Lip Cream collection. It's straight up Los Angeles Lakers purple, and though I'm a Warriors fan, I cannot get enough of this lip color. At first glance, I thought that applying this product would be difficult, as it comes in the form of a chubby pencil, which aren't the greatest for precision. I also didn't expect an even application or its color payoff to be super amazing. My assumptions about this lipstick could not be more wrong. (Yes. I said it. I was wrong. There's a first time for everything, ok? Haha, joking.) And did I mention that it's only $6.50? Temptress has definitely got me feeling some type of way.

3. Wicked by Lime Crime - 

Lime Crime's Wicked Velvetine is honestly the lipstick that I reach for the most. It's a deep red liquid lipstick with a matte finish and I think that it would look pretty on just about anyone. I've heard various makeup gurus on Youtube say that the Lime Crime Velvetines are very drying on the lips, but I personally don't feel the same way. I am absolutely crazy about liquid lipsticks, and though Lime Crime's formulation isn't my #1 favorite, I do think that it is comfortable, long lasting, and beautifully pigmented. 


4. Transylvania by NYX -

Transylvania is an amazing deep violet that almost borderlines on black. It is part of NYX's line of Soft Matte Lip Creams. (AKA God's gift to lipstick lovers everywhere.) No joke, the Soft Matte Lip Cream is legitimately the most comfortable product to ever grace my lips. While there is no mistaking my love for Soft Matte Lip Creams, I do have to mention that applying this particular color is difficult. If you refer to the picture below, you'll see that Transylvania ends up looking a little patchy on the lips, as the color does not go on completely even. It really isn't anything too noticeable though!

5. LAX by Colourpop - 

Everyone and their moms have been raving about Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks for the past few months and I was so excited to try them out. Colourpop's LAX is a ravishing blackened red. I am so, so, so in love with this color. With this specific shade, I have to put on several coats of lipstick for an even, pigmented application. While I don't mind applying multiple layers of lipstick, I definitely do mind that it crumbles off after a few hours of wear without eating or drinking. (I'm assuming that the crumbling is due to having to apply various layers. I have worn other Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks in lighter colors and have not experienced the crumbling problem.) However, because I love this color so much, I still wear LAX on occasions where I know I'll only be out for an hour or two at most. 


4 comments:

  1. I love your camera! What do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this particular post, I used my friend Winnie's Sony SLT A33. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! What camera(s) do you usually use on your blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canon Powershot ELPH 130 IS, GoPro, or iPhone. Looking into buying a better camera soon, though!

      Delete