On some days, I just need my hair to get the heck out of my face. When I don't feel like sporting a high ponytail or a messy bun, the half top knot is my go-to hairstyle. It's cute and requires very minimal effort, making it perfect for those times when you've only got a minute or two to dedicate to your mane. Keep reading to learn how to achieve the half top knot.
What you'll need:
1. Hair tie
3. Bobby pins (optional)
1. Here is my hair sans top knot. Let's begin.
2. Take the top section of your hair and create a pony tail.
3. Use your index finger to twirl the ponytail.
4. Put your twisted ponytail into a bun. The placement of your bun is up to your preference. Some days my top knots are a little higher on my head. Some days they're placed a little further back. Just keep in mind that your top knot should be visible from the front.
5. Secure the bun with a hair tie. You can use some bobby pins for extra security if you'd like.
6. Give your little bun a few spritzes of hairspray.
7. And there you have it. You've got yourself a half top knot!