Saturday, October 24, 2015

PUMPKIN QUEEN 2015


Outfit details:
Top - Urban Outfitters
Pants - Urban Outfitters
Cardigan - American Apparel
Booties - Aldo
Hat - Urban Outfitters

A few days ago, I realized that it was almost the end of the month and I hadn't done anything October related yet. I hadn't carved a pumpkin, put together my Halloween costume, or sat through a scary movie. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Something obviously had to be done about this.

Today, Winnie and I got into the October spirit at Uesugi Farms. Before today, I had only been to one other pumpkin patch in my entire life. It was underwhelming, to say the least. But Uesugi was legit and resembled a small amusement park. There was a pumpkin food court, a corn maze, hayrides, live entertainment, pumpkin-shooting cannons, train rides, a petting zoo, a carousel, etc. I never knew that I could be so impressed by a bunch of pumpkins.

A few things I learned today:
1. Trying to chase after people who are on stilts requires great endurance.
2. There is such a thing as pumpkin salsa. And pumpkin popcorn. And pumpkin butter.
3. I find pushing wheelbarrows and watching little kids eat corn on the cob amusing.
4. It's awkward to declare that you don't like pumpkins at a pumpkin patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment