Monday, September 14, 2015

BACON WRAPPED PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN

Decided to try out my chops in the kitchen today. I was pretty dang nervous about it as I'm not all that experienced in the cooking department. But I mean, how could one go wrong with combining a few of the most delicious things in life? (Bacon, and cheese, and pesto. Oh my!) Thought I'd share because dinner turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. :-)

Ingredients/Tools:
- Chicken breast
- Bacon
- Pesto
- Grated cheese of your choice
- Olive oil
- Salt
- Pepper
- Metal tray
- Foil
- Toothpicks (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
3. Cut a slit down the middle of the chicken breast. This creates a "pocket."
4. Stuff pesto and cheese into the "pocket" of the chicken.
5. Wrap chicken breast in bacon. (Secure with toothpicks if needed)
7. Cover metal tray with foil and place chicken breast on top.
8. Drizzle olive oil on the chicken.
9. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crispy.
10. Dig in and enjoy! :-)

Before:
After: 

1 comment: