Monday, August 10, 2015

LORD OF THE RINGS

So... Jerik put a ring on it. It was undoubtedly one of the most insane things that I have ever experienced. (Ahhhh!?!?!!) But before you get ahead of yourselves... I just want to establish that we aren't engaged. However... he DID bust out a proposal. (Say what???) This is all probably a little bit confusing right now, but let me clear things up. It's story time, guys. 

It was April 2014 and we had reservations at a steakhouse for my 21st birthday dinner. I was in a horrible mood for a couple of reasons. One, even though we had arrived on time for our reservation, we weren't seated until over an hour later. Two, reason one resulted in me being hangry AF. Dinner wasn't off to the greatest start, but these things happen. (The restaurant actually ended up having excellent food and service!!! It was just a sour beginning.)

After we were seated, I said to myself, "Okay, Jennie. You're going to eat some bomb ass food and have a good time with your boyfriend. Things are going to turn around now." Or so I thought. For some weird, unknown~*~* reason, Jerik kept going to the bathroom every few minutes. After the fifth time or so, it pissed me off because it seriously felt like I was eating dinner by myself. It got to the point where I straight up asked him if he had the runs. (I know, I know. I'm such a freaking brat. The birthday diva in me was definitely not having it.)

But alas, the bathroom breaks continued throughout dinner. Little did I know that Jerik was actually trying to juggle having dinner with me and communicating with the restaurant's staff. Homie smuggled a ring box in his freaking SOCK. (How I didn't see that... I will never know. Props to him.) My dude was about to propose to me and I honestly had no clue whatsoever.  

Towards the end of dinner, I was deciding whether I wanted dessert or not. All of a sudden, people playing trumpets surrounded our booth. Two waiters carried a treasure chest to our dinner table. Jerik stood up, took the ring box from said chest, and got down on one knee. "I love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Jennie, will you marry me?"

The whole restaurant was looking on and a million thoughts were racing through my mind. (Such as, but not limited to... OMG... Is this happening? Wait, but I'm only 21?? OooOo, dat ring is shiny!!!! Everyone is LOOKING at me.. Stop looking at ME!!! Wow, I love him!!! I can't tell if Jerik is joking... is he joking? Wait... this fool was not in the bathroom!!! The heck, dude!!! I'm gonna kill him...) And do you want to know how I reacted? Do you really want to know what I said to this sweet proposal because I was so flabbergasted? 

"What the fuuuuuuck...." - My heartfelt response

I know... how poetic of me. (lol) I literally felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head and my heart was going to explode out of my chest at any second. ( O_O <-- That was me.) I was so overwhelmed with all the emotions, all at the very same time. To this day, I still can't find the right words to explain how intense it felt. I think Jerik could see how much disbelief I was in and how speechless I was. He winked at me and that's when I instantly knew that he was joking. Ya girl said yes, he put a ring on it, we kissed, and the whole restaurant cheered.

Everyone around us was seriously so sweet and kind that we kind of felt bad that we weren't getting engaged forreals. People were congratulating us, giving us marriage advice, and the restaurant gave us a free dessert to celebrate. But the cherry on top? The owner came over from the bar to wish us a happy engagement and to take a picture of us to hang on the wall of his restaurant. So if you ever see a picture like the one below of Jerik and I on the wall of a steakhouse... you now know the story behind it. (Their photo has the ring on the correct finger. My copy is from Jerik's phone. Also, please don't tell them we're phonies... LOL)

So that's the story of how Jerik pretended to propose to me so that he could give me my birthday present. He bought me a beautiful ring and wanted to give it to me in a way that I'd never forget. That, he definitely did. It's now one of my favorite memories. I love this guy and will never bug him about going to the bathroom a million times ever again. :-) 

P.S. I hope I don't die from emotions~*~* when I do get proposed to for real...

P.P.S. I'm a simp and I don't care!!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha that's a crazy story. I wonder how much free food you could get for doing this on a consistent basis.

    Anyways,

    My name is Jordan and I run a website called "howto20something.com" and we're on the lookout for some guest writers. Our articles are all about how people honestly experience different components of 20-something life. We try to tell our stories in ways that are honest, helpful, and usually funny. We also do our best to really focus on the authors giving every guest contributor a permanent page of our site for their articles to live with links to their blog and social media accounts. So if you're interested, fill out the super quick form at http://howto20something.com/write-for-us-1

    I know what you're thinking and yes, this is the same wording I use for everyone. It takes a long time to find bloggers and contact them so you can't really hold it against me.

    Thanks!

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete