Thursday, August 20, 2015

NAMASTE IN BED

DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION
Outfit details:
Shirt - Urban Outfitters
Shorts - Forever 21

You know what, guys? If I could stay in bed all day, I would. And I do. Sometimes, anyways.

I've always thought that having alone time was necessary. It's way too easy to get lost in the chaos of our every day lives. We're all familiar with not having "enough time," having "more important" responsibilities to tend to, having "too many" things on our to do lists, etc. But everyone deserves to take a break from the daily hustle and bustle every now and then for the chance to reconnect with themselves. I've made it a point to do so on a regular basis.

As individuals, we might find peace in different things. Maybe you find it through playing an instrument, or pumping iron at the gym, or cooking up a storm. I happen to find it while laying in bed, doing absolutely nothing. It's kind of ironic, really. I'm the most productive (with my mind, at least) while doing something that most consider to be completely unproductive. But hey. I'm sure there's somebody else in the world who's the same way.

So today was spent avoiding important things (or the ones that require leaving my lair AKA my room anyways) and recharging in my bed. I put my phone on silent, placed a do not disturb hanger on my door, and tuned the world out. This takes place at least once every week. Sometimes I lay in my bed for an hour. Sometimes it's for the whole day. Sometimes it'll take any time in between. All I know is that if I didn't do it, I'd probably go insane.

Whatever your peace may be, please don't forget to take some time for yourself. And if you did forget, here's your reminder. Self care is crucial and you deserve it. (Or you know... maybe you're a horrible fucking human being and you don't. Whatever. Haha, just kidding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment