Monday, July 6, 2015

GREENS ARE GOOD FOR YOU

I touched down in San Francisco last night and have returned from the east coast. My dude goes to school in Virginia, and I got to pay him a visit for a few days. Though I miss him already, it feels good to be back in California. (Okay. Maybe I just really missed In N Out...)

June was a busy month for me, and it wore me out, to say the least. I was dying for some down time, and I have to admit that a good amount of my visit in Virginia was spent taking it easy. (AKA binge watching the latest seasons of Orange Is The New Black and Project Runway, stuffing my face with Virginia's kick ass southern cooking, and taking naps whenever and wherever I pleased. I know, I know... health is just OOZING out of my pores.)

But whenever Jerik and I didn't feel like listening to Piper Chapman's annoying ass (I know you were thinking it too.) or indulging in barbecue and spuds, we did get around to... well... actually doing things. We borrowed a friend's dog for a playdate, dabbled with recipes we had never cooked before, installed and tested out his Jeep's new shocks, got his new apartment ready, etc. I could sit here and list out everything we did, but I think you get my point - A lot of stuff was done even with all of the "slothing" that occurred and it made my trip enjoyable. 

However, I think the best part about my time in Virginia (Besides the fact that I got to see Jerik. Duh.) was simply going outside. I've lived in the suburbs of San Jose, California for a majority of my life, so it's no surprise that I'm not used to seeing fairytale-like forests, ginormous waterfalls, or huge dirt roads around the corner from my house. And maybe the fact that I'm not used to that is why Virginia's outdoors captivates me to such a high degree. Like seriously, dude. I kid you not. At Jerik's new place, I feel like I'm in the middle of a National Geographic magazine the moment I step off of the porch. All I see is GREEN.

In the pictures above, we hiked to Cascade Falls - a waterfall that stands at a mighty 69 feet. It's one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on. Honestly, these pictures don't do the real thing justice. Go outside today. Soak up the sun. Get some fresh air. Nature is gnarly as fuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment