1. BKR GLASS WATER BOTTLE - Every time I clean my room, I almost always end up finding hella empty plastic water bottles. I never really realize how many bottles I've managed to hoard until I'm attempting to haul all of them to my recycling bin in one trip. I decided that the plasticky madness had to stop. I invested in a BKR water bottle and I fell in love~*~*~
- It's reusable. You can say good bye to mountains of plastic water bottles.
- It comes in two different sizes. (500 mL and 1L. I got the 500 mL one.)
- Available in many numerous colors and patterns. (Decisions, decisions.)
- The no leak sealed cap has a loop for your fingers.
- Doesn't affect the taste of your water like reusable plastic water bottles do.
- It's adorable. Seriously. Who knew a water bottle could be so cute?
- Opening is a tad bit small. This may be a deal breaker for people who like to put ice cubes in their water bottles, as whole cubes are unable to fit into the opening.
2. HARMLESS HARVEST COCONUT WATER - *Beyonce voice* I've been drinking, I've been drinking. Coconut water, that is. This is hands down the best coconut water. EVER. I wasn't a big fan of coconut water before, but tasting this particular brand changed my mind.
- It tastes fucking magical. Like straight out of the coconut magical.
- Sometimes it's PINK. (How freakin cute is that?) But there's no food dye involved here or anything like that. This just means your bottle is special. (All of their coconut water is clear when first bottled. Some turn pink because of varying levels of antioxidants interacting with light. Pink = more antioxidants for you!)
- Certified organic
- No sugar added
- It must either be immediately consumed or refrigerated. If you leave a bottle outside (yes, even in room temperature) for even like... an hour, it may spoil and the taste will definitely be affected. (Whenever I buy Harmless Harvest to drink for later, I put an ice pack into an insulated lunchbox and take it with me to Whole Foods. I transfer them into said lunchbox as soon as I get to my car.)
3. HOURGLASS VEIL MINERAL PRIMER - Wearing makeup in the summer heat without primer is a big no-no for my combination skin. Otherwise, it literally feels like my face is melting off. (Cue Edvard Munch's painting, The Scream) I've sampled my fair share of makeup primers, but none of them were holy grail status to me... Until I picked up Hourglass' Veil Mineral Primer. I will be purchasing the full sized product once this one runs out.
- Feels super lightweight in comparison to other primers that I've tried.
- Fragrance free. A huge plus to those who aren't fans of perfumy (Is that a word? I don't know??? I couldn't think of a better one) products.
- Makes foundation application very smooth.
- Has a pump. Most primers come in tubes that you have to squeeze.
- My makeup holds up well all day. (With occasional help from a little powder.)
- On days I don't feel like wearing foundation or BB cream, I still find myself reaching for it because it minimizes pores, keeps oil at bay, and has SPF 15.
- A little goes a long way. I purchased the travel sized version at the beginning of July, and it barely looks like I've made a dent in it.
- On the pricier side. ($18.00 for 0.33 oz. $52.00 for 1 oz. $72 for 2 oz.)
4. MURAD PORE REFORM SKIN SMOOTHING POLISH - I've been on the hunt for a good exfoliator for awhile. I came across Murad's Pore Reform Skin Smoothing Polish when I was watching Desi Perkins' (*fangirl scream*) updated skin care routine video. In the video, she claims that it's the "best exfoliator" that she's ever come across. I happen to agree.
- The micro-polishing beads in the product are very finely grained, so it doesn't feel abrasive at all.
- Left my skin feeling super soft and clean
- I don't have very acne prone skin, but was getting occasional breakouts at the end of June. Using this product helped steer those breakouts away tremendously.
- Visibly tightened my pores
- On the pricier side. I went back and forth on whether I really wanted to purchase this for a few weeks. Why would I spend $30.00 when I was only spending $5.00 on St. Ives' Apricot Scrub? (However, I'm totally glad that I decided to take the plunge. It was worth it. Desi Perkins does not lie, people.)
5. THE SHAYTARDS - I've been watching the Shaytards for awhile now, but I've been finding myself regularly watching reruns this month just because it brings me joy. I swear, I watch at least three of them a day because their family is just that hilarious to me. Besides making me l-o-l on a daily basis, I think Shay Carl has one of the craziest life stories ever. Below is one of my favorite vlogs of theirs. Check them out if you want a good laugh. :-)